- Measure and follow student performance.
- Pinpoint areas for development.
- Prepare students for the redesigned SAT.
The PSAT/NMSQT and the PSAT 10 will focus on the knowledge and skills that current research shows are most essential for college and career readiness and success. The tests will reflect the work students are doing in classrooms across the country and around the globe.
The tests are aligned with the PSAT 8/9 and the SAT. All of these tests focus on the same domain of knowledge and skills. As students progress from grade to grade, the tests will keep pace, matching the scope and difficulty of work found in the classroom. Learn more about the content alignment of the SAT Suite of Assessments.
Email: [email protected]
The redesigned PSAT/NMSQT and the PSAT 10 will be scored differently from the way the PSAT/NMSQT has been scored in the past. A few changes:
- The tests will share a common score scale with the PSAT 8/9 and the SAT because the content is so tightly aligned.
- Subscores and cross-test scores will be added for greater insight.
- There won’t be a penalty for guessing.
Log onto the PSAT website to find out more about scoring.